Introduction Time

So I've started a blog. This is something I've been meaning to do for a long time but never got round to doing, partly because I've had nothing interesting to say but also partly because I'm one of life's procrastinators.

I'll start off with a bit about me; I'm Neil, I'm 34 (or am I 33? This happens alot, I have to work out how old I am!) and I'm a mature student. I'm studying for a degree in Conservation Biology and I'm married to a wonderful woman. It was with that wonderful woman that one of the miracles of life happened ... we had a baby together. A little girl who, as I type, is staring at me from her cot, defying sleep (and me). She should've been asleep about an hour ago but babies don't know they're supposed to be sticking to a timeframe. The little one is 5 weeks old today and the most amazing little thing ever.

It's our beautiful little girl who has prompted me to start this blog (hence the name, The Life of Dad) as there seems to be a few things in parenthood that the internet, books and experts such as health visitors cannot help with. I don't intend this blog to be an answer for parents prayers, it'll probably be the opposite in fact, but I do hope to be able to point out a few things that I've discovered in my search for answers. Guess that's just the scientist in me, I need somewhere to report my findings.

For now I'm going to sign off, as me and the little one are off to a father and kid type coffee morning, our first, just to get us out of the house.

Posted in , , . Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Leave a Reply

Unless specified all content © Neil Elkins 2010-2012. Powered by Blogger.

Search

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.